If you don't find what you need here, please try the Help Menu.
Frequently Asked Questions
Categories of Questions:
Finding an artist or service:
- I need to find an artist for an event in another city. Can you help?
We may be able to assist you. Let us know of your specific needs.
Artist enrollment and listings:
- I'm an artist. Is the web page really free for me? What's the catch? Do I have to pay you a fee if I
get work through your site? What is required of me?
ERC was designed to provide a central location for the community to find performing and visual artists, so the performer and artist web pages and listings are free. All you have to do is keep your information current. The public is encouraged to contact you directly about work. There is no commission due to ERC when contact is made this way.
Some optional features are available at moderate fees:
- Add a link to your web site for only $5.00 per month.
- Be a Reviewed Artist for $12.75 per month.
- A link to your web site is included.
- Reviewed Artists are listed first in Search Results.
- ERC promotes Reviewed Artists first.
- I am a business or service. Why do I have to pay to be in ERC's registry when artists can enroll for free?
Actually, as a service you are eligible for a free Basic Listing about your business or service. This includes your business name, address, phone and fax numbers, and a brief description about your services, and one business category for search purposes.
Optional features are available. Paying a nominal monthly fee provides cost-effective and relevant advertising for your business.
- For $9.95 per month, add an additional service category for search purposes.
- Or upgrade to our Premier Status for $14.95 per month for an individual
- Photo, logo, slide-show, sound-byte;
- A link to your web site;
- Expanded description of your business and expertise;
- Direct contact via e-mail [your actual e-mail address is hidden];
- Up to six business categories to be searched by.
- Does ERC check the accuracy of the artist or entertainment services information shown on the site?
With so many artists in the community, it is possible for ERC to verify the information only for Reviewed Performers
- Does ERC limit in any way the type of artists allowed on the site?
We advertise this site as "family friendly" and may need to restrict some professional artists or services whose act is not considered suitable for our site. Please contact us if you have questions about this policy or concerns about a particular listing.
- How does the ERC Rating System work for Artists?
Ratings and comments are used to determine each member's rating score. A positive rating adds 1 to the score, a negative decreases it by 1, and a neutral rating has no impact. The ability to add 'viewer comments' provides a valuable opportunity for people to know more about you and your service. The more specific the comments, the better. For example, "Great band!" or "great florist" doesn't tell nearly as much as "Professional, reliable, positive attitude, or extremely creative." ERC assumes no liability for comments made on the rating system. The system allows only one rating per reviewer for each artist. Learn more about the rating system.
- I want to sign up two businesses. Can I have the same user name for both?
Yes, from the Member Area Main Menu, select the option to "Add a Profile" to your current Member account.
- I entered some information about me (or my business) yesterday but nothing shows up. Why not?
If you entered only your contact information and did not write a brief description, your listing or web page will not appear. We want the listings to be meaningful to visitors to the site the brief descriptions are essential for telling people about your talent or your business.
- I don't like the way my web page looks and need to add more information. How do I do that?
Use your password to enter the Member Area to make changes, add information, add or change a photograph or sound byte on your web page.
- I tried to upload a photograph but it wouldn't take it. What do I do now?
You have a couple of options.
- Try reducing the size of the photo to a dpi of 72 with a graphic converter program like Microsoft Photo Editor.
- If you are still unable to upload the photo, you may send it to us as a JPG file and we will upload it for you.
- I just changed my sound byte. I uploaded the new one, but my old one is still being played.
Web browsers often store large files of sounds and pictures on your computer's hard drive. This is often referred to as "caching." Usually, all you need to do is wait a few minutes, then return to your ERC web page and try again to play it. Next, try "Exit" or "Quit" from the file menu of your web browser, then launch it again. If it still plays the old one, refer to your browser's "Help Files" concerning clearing the web cache so you can get a fresh copy.